HD-1 HyperDrive Inline Preamplifier
The iCON Pro Audio HyperDrive inline preamplifier is the perfect way to increase the gain of your dynamic or ribbon microphones without the coloration of a pre-amp. The gain is switchable between 23dB or 46dB.
Take a standard dynamic microphone, add the HyperDrive and benefit from Class A discrete gain, resulting in a sound on a par to a world class condenser microphone perfect for vocals and instruments. Recording acoustic or classical guitar, for example, becomes a breeze – no more cranking up the volume on your pre-amp and without the need for capacitors or resistors in the gain staging pathway. You will hear the sound of the microphone, not your pre-amp! The HD1HyperDrive will improve the quality and noise floor of your recordings and reduce the likelihood of buzz, interference and feedback in live performances.
- Sleek black metal design
- Robust construction – perfect for live use
- Switchable power amplification – Gain:1X 23dB or 2X 46dB
- Extremely low noise floor
- Two ways to connect: attachable via microphone or pre-amp
- Perfect for live, studio or broadcast uses
- Long cable runs more possible in live situations – less likelihood of interference, buzz and hum
- Less likelihood of feedback in live settings
- Prevents signal degradation
Note: the HD1 requires phantom power for operation and does not work with microphones that require phantom power, i.e. condenser microphones or some active ribbon microphones.
|Frequency Range||10Hz - 120K Hz|
|Output noise level||1X 0.9uV, 2X 1.8mV|
|Gain||1X 23dB, 2X 46dB (1K Ohms)|
|Powering||48V phantom power|
|Recommended load impedance||>1K Ohms|
|Connectivity||3-pin male/female XLR connector|
|macOS 10.13 High Sierra||No|
|macOS 10.12 Sierra||No|
|Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan||No|
|Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite and older||No|