QCon EX G2
The Icon Pro Audio QCon EX G2 is an extender for the QCon Pro G2 universal control surface. The QCon EX provides eight additional channels to your QCon Pro G2 system allowing you to expand in increments of eight to 16, 24, 32 up to 64 channels depending on your DAW with QCon EX G2 extenders.
Whether you are tracking or mixing, the QCon EX G2 provides intuitive tactile control over your session. Set your levels, fine tune your EQs and effects, record automation, punch in and out of recordings, all at the tip of your fingers. The QCon EX G2 is outfitted with eight motorized faders, eight multi-purpose push encoders, and 2 foot pedal connectors. 12-segment LED level meters are provided for each channel, and a large backlit LCD screen displays channel names and parameter values.
The Icon Pro Audio QCon EX G2 controls your favorite digital audio workstation with Mackie Control or HUI emulation (for Pro Tools) and includes presets for several popular DAWs including Cubase/Nuendo, Logic Pro, Ableton Live, ProTools, Studio One, Digital Performer, FL Studio, Samplitude, Reaper, Bitwig, Reason, Sonar, and Audition. Bitwig Studio 8-Track is included. A User Defined mode is also included to create custom presets and midi mapping.
The QCon EX G2 is class-compliant with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7/8/10, and Mac OS X and features a high speed USB 2.0 connection.
- 8 touch-sensitive motorized channel faders
- 12-segment LED level metering for channels
- 1 touch-sensitive motorized fader for master channel
- 8 x dual function encoder knobs (Enter & rotate)
- 11-segment LED surrounding the encoders to indicate the rotating position
- Large backlit LCD to display channel name, control values etc. for each channel
- MackieControl and HUI Universal emulation
- iMap – Self midi mapping software is provided for MIDI Learn mode
- Bitwig Studio 8-Track DAW is included
- Class-compliant with Windows XP, Vista (32-bit), Windows 7/8/10 (32-bit & 64-bit), and Mac OS X (IntelMac)
- USB 2.0 high speed connectivity
- Firmware upgrade available simply via USB connection and iMap software
- Robust aluminum and metal casing with Kensington lock port
- Bitwig 8Track included
- Dotec audio plugins included
- Tracktion DAW Essentials Collection included
- Kilohearts Toolbox plugins included
- Harrison 32c Vocal Intensity Processor plugin included
Some DAWs limit the number of extenders that work with their software. The following list includes the maximum number of extenders you can use with the specified DAW.
*1 main unit + 7 extenders = 64 channels – Cubase/Nuendo, Studio One, Digital Performer, Logic Pro X, Mixbus
*1 main unit + 5 extenders = 48 channels – Ableton Live
*1 main unit + 3 extenders = 32 channels – Pro Tools, Bitwig, Reaper, FL Studio (with Custom Script)
*1 main unit + 2 extenders = 24 channels – Reason (with Custom Script)
*1 main unit + 1 extender = 16 channels – Cakewalk/Sonar, Samplitude
|Connector||To computer: USB connector (standard type)|
|Connector||To extender USB connector (B-Type)|
|Power supply||12V2.5A DC (Outside negative inside positive)|
|Current consumption||2A or less|
|Dimensions||375mm (D) x 136mm (H) x 358mm (W)|
|Dimensions||14.76”(D) x 5.35”(H) x 14.09”(W)|
- Supports Intel, M1, M1 Max, M1 Pro, M1 Ultra, M2 and AMD processors
- (Firmware is recognized on M1 Max, M1 Pro, M1 Ultra and M2 and AMD CPUs, however, you can only use Intel or M1 CPU to perform firmware update procedure)
- Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan to Mac OS 13 Ventura
- Windows 7 -11