The ICON SX-5A series active studio monitor system provide a smooth response that is accurate and pleasant to listen to. Here are some of their main features:
- Two-way active studio reference monitor with ported tuned enclosure providing extremely accurate monitoring for recording studio, post-production and multi-media applications.
- Compact and powerful with very precise sound reproduction.
- 1”silk dome tweeter with neodymium magnet, plus heat sink and ferrofluid cooling provide smooth and sweet high frequency response.
- 5.5” copolymer butyl surround woofer provides tight and controlled low frequency response.
- Build-in Bi-Amp power module for low and high frequency drivers HF: 30W / LF: 60W
- Active crossover uses a multi-pole design for linear response from bottom to top.
- XLR balanced input as well as unbalanced RCA input make connecting to most -10 dBV or +4dB signal source quick and easy.
- A/V shielded for multimedia applications providing clean operation near computer CRT monitors.
- Solid MDF construction
- “Vasorb TM” monitor rubber feet included
|System||Two-way active nearfield monitor|
|Frequency Response (+/-3dB)||45 Hz - 21 kHz|
|Bass Principle||Bass reflex|
|Tuning Frequency||45 Hz|
|Tweeter||1" wide dispersion silk dome|
|Woofer||5.5" PPB cone with aluminum short circuiting ring and rigid aluminum basket|
|Magnetically shielded/compensated||Shielded and Compensated|
|Cross over frequency||2.7 kHz|
|Cross over slope||24 dB/oct (LP and HP)|
|Input level for 85dB SPL @ 500-2000 Hz avg @ 1 m||-14 dBu RMS @ 0 dB level setting|
|Input connectors||Balanced XLR connector|
|Input connectors||Unbalanced RCA connectors|
|Power consumption||Idle: 10W / Max: 90W (per unit)|
|Amplifier power||Tweeter: 30W / Woofer: 60W|
|Internal cabinet volume||8.0 liters|
|Weight||6.5 kg (14.3lbs)|
|Dimensions||180 x 300 x 275 mm|
|Dimensions||7.1“ x 11.8”x 10.8”|